Although the meet and greet the town hosted on Friday, June 21 to introduce the top Town Manager candidate, John Mauro, to Windham residents was a successful one, the Council will have to start the search for a Town Manager once again since Mauro was offered and accepted the position of Town Manager for Port Townsend, WA.
In a special Town Council meeting held on Tuesday, July 16, the Council opted to move forward and start the search process immediately.
Below is an updated Windham Town Manager search timeline. Please note that this timeline is tentative, and dates may have to be adjusted or changed.
July 17 Wednesday
· Ad placed
August 14 Wednesday
August 16 Friday
· Notebooks with selected resumes of applicants delivered to Council. A notebook with all the resumes available.
August 20 Tuesday
· Council meets to review applicant’s resumes and decides on which candidates to interview (no more then 8).
· First round of interviews. Most likely two days needed. Decide on (2) candidates for second round of interviews. Complete background checks performed on finalists before next round.
· Community gathering to meet finalists.
· Dept. Heads interview finalist.
· Council interviews finalist & selects new manager.
· Negotiations with final candidate and starting date announced
For more information, contact the Town Manager’s office at 207-892-1907.